Ethics, Values and Culture
“As employees of MAPNA Group we are responsible and committed to our customers, fellow citizens, neighbors, human resources and shareholders, as well as to all the organizations that we cooperate with, such as suppliers and competitors. We respect the rights of all stakeholders in our professional activities and we pledge and agree to follow the ethical obligations in this document.
This document outlines our principles, values and ethical behavior in two main parts: the group’s ethical charter and the human resources ethical covenants. We believe in and practice the MAPNA Group’s comprehensive ethical document in all professional matters.”
The Process of Writing the Comprehensive Document
The company’s comprehensive ethical document is based on multi-dimensional studies that has been mentioned below:
- Documentary study of the origin and development of the conglomerate: This involves a systematic analysis of MAPNA Group’s upstream documents
- Resource-based view analysis in training and counseling sessions to gain deep and dialectical analyses
- Opinion survey based on scientific criteria to measure the opinions of the conglomerate’s human resources
- Perceptual measurement based on the projection method using a relevant scientific scale
- Face-to-face surveys and in-depth interviews
- Presentation of the study results to the senior managers of each company and joint and analytical review of the results by the managers and the project consultants
- Comparative study of ethical statements of peer companies in the world
- Analysis of the suitability of the rule of rights then duties (R>D model) for formulating the ethical obligations of the group and human resources
- Drafting of the comprehensive ethical document
- Reviewing the draft in working groups consisting of senior managers of MAPNA Group
- Revising and rewriting the draft based on the results of the working groups
- Finalizing MAPNA Group’s comprehensive ethical document
Principles of MAPNA Group’s Comprehensive Ethical Document
- Demonstrating good manners and engaging in honest, sincere, and frank encounters with others, while maintaining genuine and mutual respect
- Upholding fairness and adhering to justice in both distributive and procedural aspects
- Practicing benevolence and avoiding any illegal or unethical transactions
- Complying with all regulations, laws, and bylaws
- Valuing confidentiality, trustworthiness and privacy in all dealings
- Encouraging and accepting criticism, holding oneself accountable, and taking responsibility for one’s actions
- Promoting order and maintaining personal and environmental decorum
- Displaying professional commitment and loyalty to the organization
- Demonstrating honesty and integrity in both thoughts and actions
- Remaining predictable and accountable towards beneficiaries
- Appreciating the services and efforts of others and avoiding trivialization
- Observing piety and maintaining moral standards in personal and social aspects
As members of MAPNA Group, we regard the rule of human and Islamic values as the source of beauty and excellence in our professional activities; and with assistance from the merciful God, we pledge to follow moral obligations in all business matters.
- My being and the countless gifts bestowed upon me by the divine, such as good health, mental well-being, knowledge, and abilities, are sacred responsibilities entrusted to me by God. Upholding my self-worth, recognizing my own value, preserving my privacy, and treating myself with kindness are vital aspects of being trustworthy.
- My outward appearance, conduct, dignity, and temperance all serve to showcase my inherent human worth.
- Pursuing personal development in alignment with human virtues, and constantly seeking to expand my knowledge and skills, is the mantra I live by.
Interaction with Colleagues
- Respecting each other, appreciation, treating colleagues well, and instilling happiness and trust within our professional relationships is our motto. Additionally, exercising self-control, moderation, and emotional management, especially in challenging situations, help us to uphold these ideals.
- Safeguarding privacy, confidentiality, and trustworthiness is our core stable trait.
- We take pride in prioritizing the interests of our fellow colleagues, striving to prevent any harm, and exhibiting benevolence, kindness, and compassion towards others. We make a conscious effort to avoid engaging in gossip, violence, envy, jealousy, or any disruptive behavior that might interfere with the affairs of others.
- In our verbal communication, we place great importance on showing respect, politeness, and sincerity, while actively avoiding confrontation. This forms the basis of our moral policy.
Interacting with Subordinates
- Respecting and valuing our subordinates’ dignity are the foundation of all our professional interactions.
- We communicate our expectations clearly and reasonably, using justified explanations, while ensuring a balance between their responsibilities and authority.
- Supporting both the spiritual and material needs of our subordinates and recognizing their rights is our moral principle. We treat their interests as our own and understand that any harm to them is also detrimental to us.
- We differentiate between offering guidance and imposing our opinions.
- Accepting criticism is accompanied by a sincere effort to improve our listening and communication skills, characterized by honesty, authenticity, and mutual respect.
- When dealing with mistakes, we approach employees in a morally upright manner by providing information, guidance, opportunities for correction, and fair enforcement of regulations while still maintaining respect for their individuality.
- We distinguish leadership based on trust and connection from seeking power and enforcing autocracy.
- Our motto is to ensure a fair distribution of opportunities and adherence to procedural justice.
Interacting with the Organization
- Respect, empathy, and a lack of distrust define our nature.
- Expressing gratitude and fostering productive collaboration is our responsibility towards the endeavors of managers.
- Maintaining confidentiality and refraining from prying into the personal matters of managers is our obligation.
- Our interactions with managers are based on intimacy, openness, and honesty.
Interacting with Customers
- We hold the customers of the company and the group in high regard, irrespective of circumstances.
- Our commitment to confidentiality and trustworthiness towards our customers remains unwavering.
- Our objective is to provide compassionate guidance and professional advice to our customers.
Interacting with Organization
- We have a responsibility to prioritize the interests of the organization, uphold loyalty to its good reputation and success, and preserve the dignity of MAPNA in every aspect of our professional and social lives.
- We aim to foster a collaborative environment, enhance productivity, safeguard organizational information, and comply with all laws, regulations, and ethical guidelines set by MAPNA Group.
- Accountability, trustworthiness, and benevolence are values we prioritize.
- We are dedicated to supporting the organization’s objectives to establish a competitive edge.
- We refrain from engaging in communication with competitors without proper coordination from the organization.
Values are steadfast orientations and opinions of MAPNA Group towards events and matters, and are encapsulated by the slogan “from me to us”. Values serve as our guiding principles, offering assistance to all individuals collaborating with and for MAPNA Group across Iran, enabling them to progress towards organizational objectives such as sustainable expansion, profitability, innovation, and operational efficiency within the conglomerate. The significance of “from me to us” and its fundamental aspects are outlined below:
Focus on Customer
This value places emphasis on identifying and meeting customer needs, as well as creating long-term relationships with customers.
Innovation is a key driver for achieving a competitive advantage. This value highlights the importance of creating and supporting positive changes, leading to new opportunities. It also emphasizes leveraging the intellectual property and expertise within the group to provide innovative solutions.
This value encompasses several important factors:
Organizational Excellence and Result-Oriented Approach
This value consistently prioritizes the advancement and success of the organization, while emphasizing the attainment of desired outcomes. Through performance improvement initiatives and unwavering commitment to excellence in all endeavors, goals will be achieved.
The emphasized aspects of this value include:
Safety and Environmental Responsibility
This value promotes enhanced workplace safety and a greater focus on environmental protection, resulting in improved living standards, better quality of work life, and the long-term sustainability of the organization. It highlights the importance of actively engaging in environmental conservation and striving for positive societal and environmental impacts.
Responsibility (Teamwork, Accountability, and Knowledge Sharing Spirit)
This value highlights the importance of working together as a team and recognizing that the group’s challenges are everyone’s challenge. Any differences should be resolved through open discussions, and once a decision is reached, everyone should support it. The value also emphasizes the significance of being focused, actively listening to others, respecting colleagues’ opinions, providing constructive criticism, and working towards consensus.
Key aspects to consider in this value include:
This value highlights that employees should make ethical choices, honor commitments, take responsibility for their actions, and carry out the best action possible for colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
Some points to take into account include:
The concept of culture is vast, so it is crucial to narrow down the focus when managing it within an organization. Organizational culture not only sets the organization apart from competitors but also plays a significant role in determining its destiny. Mistakes made in the realm of organizational culture can have more detrimental effects than strategic errors. It is important to note that organizational culture cannot be replicated in light of the futile efforts of many organizations in trying to do so. Culture essentially acts as the DNA of an organization, defining its unique identity. As a result, the study and management of organizational culture have gained considerable significance.
Achievements of This Project for MAPNA Group
In terms of achievements, foremost among them is the groundbreaking conceptualization and creation of innovative ideas that have significantly impacted MAPNA group. These concepts have not only been widely discussed and acknowledged within the conglomerate but have also been incorporated into the existing literature. For instance, the phrase “from me to us” has become the cornerstone of the group’s values. Meanwhile, MAPNA Group takes immense pride in being the pioneer in introducing EVC (Ethics, Values, and Codes of Conduct) to organizations across the country.
First achievement: In the establishment of the EVC, MAPNA Group believes that values act as the heart of the culture but they need to be moral as ethical considerations take precedence over everything else. For instance, while innovation is highly valued, MAPNA firmly believes that it should never be achieved through unethical means like copying or plagiarism. The company operates under the guiding principle of ethics throughout its organizational culture. The desired ethics within MAPNA group are articulated in the comprehensive ethical document. The conglomerate is proud of writing the document based on Treatise On Rights (Risalat al-Huquq), which is attributed to Imam Sajjad (PBUH), the grandson of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and the fourth Shia Imam. The third layer of culture, which represents codes of conduct, is a tangible and visible demonstration of ethical values within the organization. It is placed after values to emphasize that it is both ethical and aligned with the values of the group. Overall, the EVC embodies MAPNA Group’s approach to managing organizational culture. Within this framework, specific roles emerge, such as the director, promoters, and contacts of EVC, who play leadership roles in shaping organizational culture.
Second achievement: MAPNA Group subsidiary companies now display a heightened sensitivity towards the shared values, which were previously distinct and unique to each individual company. Despite the diversity in products and global presence, multinational holdings and companies have established common values. This also needed to be incorporated within MAPNA Group.
Third achievement: This relates to devising the road map of MAPNA Group on the path of organizational ethics and values. This road map will effectively facilitate the group’s objectives and strategies within the comprehensive EVC regulations.
And the fourth achievement is the development of a remarkable book of codes of conduct. This book stands out in the country and is distinguished by the extensive involvement of the group’s colleagues, making it a truly exceptional piece of work.
A Quick Review of Research on Organizational Culture in MAPNA Group
From 2009 onwards, the department of human resources at MAPNA Group has dedicated efforts to delve into the realm of organizational culture and a thorough investigation lasting approximately two years was initially conducted. This study focused on gaining a thorough understanding of the current and desired situation by utilizing Denison’s Model. Through this research, the key priorities for enhancing organizational culture were determined, with a particular emphasis on investigating organizational ethics.
The conglomerate’s senior management recognized the significance of studying ethics and declared the Iranian calendar year 1390 (March 2011 – March 2012) as the year of organizational ethics within the group. Meanwhile, a research project to create a detailed document on organizational ethics was also endorsed. This project, which also included devising a 10-year roadmap of organizational ethics, took over two years to complete and involved conducting thorough interviews and surveys across various companies within the MAPNA Group. The resulting comprehensive document on organizational ethics encompasses 12 principles and two sections of MAPNA Group’s ethical charter, addressing eight key stakeholders in human resources.
As part of the comprehensive ethical document’s roadmap, one of the improvement program’s involved creating codes of conduct that align with the organizational values. This program ran concurrently with the review of MAPNA Group’s strategies, which led to defining the implementation of organizational values as a project. The resulting document serves as a guiding principle for shaping the company’s culture.
تماس با مپنا
در صورتی که به اطلاعات بیشتری درباره گروه مپنا نیاز دارید، و یا برای شرکت یا سازمان خود نیازمند راهحل یا محصولی هستید، میتوانید با ما تماس بگیرید.