MAPNA Locomotive Engineering and Manufacturing Company
MAPNA Locomotive Engineering and Manufacturing Company is the main company in MAPNA rail section. This company was established in 2007 and started with a large-scale project, the production of 150 Iran Safir locomotives under license of Siemens company.
The company started production from July 2010 in area of 160,000 square meters and a capacity of 120 locomotives and rail vehicles per year. MAPNA Locomotive company is equipped with bogie workshop, body workshop, painting workshop, assembly workshop, and test shops for manufacturing various locomotives.
Design, engineering and manufacturing of diesel-electric locomotives, shunting locomotives, metro wagons, trainsets and passenger locomotives is the key activity of the company.
- Iran Safir diesel-electric passenger locomotive (under license from Siemens)
- MAP24 freight diesel-electric locomotive
- Tunnel locomotive
- Shunting diesel-hydraulic locomotive (in cooperation with VOSSLOH)
- Electric passenger and freight locomotive
- Brake systems, door systems and air conditioning systems for rolling stocks and locomotives (by MAPNA-FAIVELEY Joint Venture)