Ehya Sanat Company
Ehya Sanat Company was established in 1998 in line with plans to expand the country’s railway industry as well as to provide after-sales services for Wagon Pars Company (WPCO) products. The company officially began its activities in 1999.
Ehya Sanat’s main workshop is situated inside Wagon Pars Company in the central city of Arak, Markazi Province.
In addition to its main facility, Ehya Sanat Company has managed and given services in the following Iranian railway regions:
- Under-body inspection and check-up for the Railways of the Islamic Republic of Iran (RAI) passenger wagons
- Special repair and maintenance of freight wagons in Iran’s Southern railway regions
- Passenger wagon wheel and axle workshops of Tehran railway factories
- Passenger wagon bogie workshops of Tehran railway factories
- Repair and maintenance workshops of Southern railway freight wagons (Ahwaz)
- Locomotive repair and maintenance workshops of Karaj rolling sock rehabilitation companies
Ehya Sanat Company is currently the principal hub for repairing and renovating the rail freight transportation fleet, as well as GM and GE light and heavy locomotives active in the Iranian railways, thanks to the outstanding expertise of its staff and the vast resources of its main stakeholder, Wagon Pars Company (WPCO).
- Periodical repair and rehabilitation of various freight and passenger locomotives and wagons, as well as powered urban and suburban train cars
- Repair, rehabilitation and assembly of wheels and axles of freight and passenger locomotives and wagons as well as powered urban and suburban train cars
- Repair and rehabilitation of parts and freight wagon brake systems
Ehya Sanat Company has annual contracts with more than 30 private railway transportation firms for the repair and rehabilitation of freight wagons. All of these contracts are completed as projects at Ehya Sanat’s workshops. The following are a number of locomotive maintenance projects the company has undertaken in recent years:
- Rehabilitation of ten G12 locomotives and two G22 locomotives for Railways of the Islamic Republic of Iran (RAI).
- Rehabilitation of four G12 locomotives for Railways of the Islamic Republic of Iran (RAI).
- Repair and rehabilitation of eight GT26 locomotives for Alborz Niroo Co.
- Rehabilitation of twenty GM bogies for Alborz Niroo Co.
- Overhaul of four locomotives for Alvand Niroo Co.
- Rehabilitation and upgrading of two GE locomotives for Mabna Niroo Moharekeh Engineering Co.
- Repair, rehabilitation, and general inspection of locomotives for Mobarakeh Steel Company (MSC)
- Repair and rehabilitation of wheel and axle of Chinese and Russian locomotives for Esfahan Steel Company (ESCO)
Certificates, Standards & Awards
- Operating license granted by the Industries Ministry for the manufacture of various types of wagons, as well as the rehabilitation and renovation of various wagons and rolling stock parts.
- Permit for mass production of freight and passenger wagons, granted by the Industries Ministry
- Contracting permit for Iranian Railways’ freight wagon repair and maintenance
- Contracting permit for Iranian Railways’ passenger wagon repair and maintenance
- Permit for repair and maintenance of the wheel and axle of RAI’s freight wagons
- Permit for repair and maintenance of the braking system of RAI’s freight wagons
- ISO 9001:2015 Certification in the overhaul of freight and passenger wagons, as well as locomotives wheels and axles
- Contractors’ HES Certification by the Ministry of Cooperatives, Labor, and Social Welfare
- Consecutive record holder of freight wagon overhaul from 2010 to 2019, with 1,500 wagon overhauls per annum
- The main accident repair center for freight wagons and locomotive bodies for the Railways of the Islamic Republic of Iran (RAI) and the private sector.
- The hub for repair and manufacturing of wheel and axle for a variety of freight and passenger powered wagons and locomotives
- Cooperation with Alborz Niroo Co. in manufacturing Pars-33 Locomotive